Everything is set and you are waiting for your wonderful cookies to be bake. Now you wonder, how do you clean and take care of your rolling pins. Worry no more! Here are some of the simple tips to keep yours in great condition.
It is ideal to clean off your pin right after using it to prevent dough adhering longer and stubbornly
- Wash dry with a brush first, then if needed with water and dry well before using again
- Do not wash in a dishwasher and try to avoid prolonged contact with water.
- Dry it thoroughly and apply a layer of vegetable oil or olive oil (Keep away from direct sunlight).
- Before using, brush it with vegetable oil or olive oil.
- Regularly oiling your rolling pin will increase its longevity
- Never use soap! It will remove off the natural oils of the wood
Always remember to follow these tips and you can use your Rolly Pins longer than you can imagine!