You can have the best of both worlds - enjoy sweets but also be healthy.
Case on point: sugar-free sugar cookies. Featuring all natural sweeteners (agave syrup and Stevia) in these cookies that give them their classic sweetness without the sugar rush.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 tsp stevia powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, agave, and stevia for about 1 minute. Add in egg, vanilla, and almond extract and mix together for another 20 to 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flours and salt to get rid of any lumps. Slowly add flour to the butter mixture in two or three batches, mixing in between until the dough forms a soft, slightly sticky ball of dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour to chill.
- When ready to roll out the dough, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay a piece of parchment down on a work surface. Lightly flour the the parchment and place the dough on top, flattening with both hands.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour on top of the dough and lay a second piece of parchment on top.
- Roll out the dough with normal pin between the parchment sheets to a 1/4 inch thick.
- When using the PastryMade pin, use even force and slowly roll the pin into the dough.
- Cut out into desired shapes. Place cut cookies onto the baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the edges are lightly brown. Let cool for 5 minutes.
You can substitute honey for agave in the same proportions. You can also substitute liquid stevia for powder stevia in the same proportions.