Sablés, also known as a French Butter Cookie or Breton Biscuit, are a classic French cookie originating in Normandy France
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons (250g) butter
- 1 cup (140g) sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-2/3 cups (300g) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together sugar, salt and flour.
- Mix in butter and stir until mixture is crumbly.Stir in the egg yolk and vanilla.
- Form dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least one hour.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness 1/8 inch thick for your PastryMade Pin. Generously flour the board and the surface of the dough so the pin won't stick. Roll the pin into the dough and then cut out the design with a round cookie cutter. Using a pastry brush remove the excess flour from the top of the cookie.
- Place on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake until very lightly browned around the edges, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and allow cookies to cool for about 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.