One of the best buttery soft shortbread cookies that is healthy and yummy! These grain free and keto shortbread cookies (with toasted almond flour!) are buttery soft and ridiculously aromatic.
- 144 g almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 84 g grass-fed butter at room temperature
- 90 g erythritol powdered*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Coating (Optional)
- dark chocolate such as Lily's, melted
- flakey sea salt
- Add almond flour to a dry skillet or pan, and toast over medium heat until golden and fragrant (3-6 minutes). Remove from pan, whisk in xanthan gum, salt and set aside to cool completely.
- Cream butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer, 2-3 minutes. Add in sweetener and continue to beat until thoroughly mixed and much of the sweetener has dissolved. Add in vanilla extract and beat until just combined.
- With your mixer on low, add in half of your almond flour mixture- mixing until just incorporated. Mix in the rest.
- Wrap cookie dough with cling film (saran wrap) and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and have a baking tray handy.
- Roll out dough with normal pin then PastryMade Pin between parchment paper and either simply slice with a knife or do cutouts. Place shaped cookies with parchment paper on the prepared baking tray and place in the freezer for 15 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake until just lightly golden. Baking times will vary widely depending on size of cookies and oven, but think 10-13 minutes for the small ones or 15-18 minutes for the larger ones.
- Allow to cool on pan as they'll be very fragile when warm. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Tip: We advise to chill the dough first for about 30 mins before using the normal pin then the Pastrymade pin. Then after using the cookie cutter, chill it again for 15 mins before baking.