Everywhere you look, something is flavored pumpkin spice Think about how great your kitchen smells when you make normal sugar cookies. Now add it with a pumpkin spice twist!
- 1 cup butter (two sticks), softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- pinch of allspice
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add flour and spices to the bowl and mix together until the flour is just incorporated.
- Form into a ball and place on a sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap up and form into a disc. Place in the fridge or freezer for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare baking sheets by laying a sheet of parchment on the surface.
- Roll out dough with a normal rolling pin to 1/4 inch thick then followed by the PastryMade pin and cut out in desired shape. Place on baking sheet 1 inch apart and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until barely brown around the edges.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Note: Substitute spices with 2 tsp of your favorite pumpkin pie spice.