Who wouldn't want a good maple syrup on your pancake, waffles and now cookies! For this week, we will be featuring the goodness of butter cookies one step further with the addition of maple syrup!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Resting time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 27 minutes
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract or maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups organic unbleached flour
- Cream butter and sugar. Then add the egg, maple syrup, and extract.
- Mix the sea salt into the flour then blend into the rest of the mixture gradually. After it is well incorporated, divide your dough in 3 separate balls, wrap them in plastic wrap, or beeswax wrap, and chill them for an hour in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- After it's chilled, roll out one ball of dough, leaving it rather thick, so that after you've rolled over it one more time with the PastryMade pin, you have 1/4-inch thick cookies.
- Wrap up any extra pieces you have after cutting out your cookies and re-chill while you do the same thing with another small ball of dough, until you've cut out all your cookies.
- Place cookies on cookie sheet (no need to worry about spacing; these cookies don't puff up), and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until the cookie bottoms start to turn a light brown.
Tips on cleaning your PastryMade Pin:
- Wash dry with a brush first, then if needed with water and dry well before using again
- Do not wash in a dishwasher and try to avoid prolonged contact with water.
- Dry it thoroughly and apply a layer of vegetable oil or olive oil (Keep away from direct sunlight).
- Before using, brush it with vegetable oil or olive oil.
- Regularly oiling your rolling pin will increase its longevity
- Never use soap! It will remove off the natural oils of the wood