Hear ye! Hear ye! All chocolate, coffee, and cookie lovers out there! This recipe is for you! These decadent Gluten Free Chocolate Espresso Cookies are simple and easy to make.
- 1 3/4 cups gluten free all-purpose flour*
- ½ cup good quality cocoa powder
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. In a small bowl, sift together the gluten free flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, and salt and set aside.
- Using a large mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream brown sugar and butter. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until fully combined. Slowly add flour mixture and mix on low speed until dough is smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to an hour. The dough should be cold for rolling, but not too cold that it can’t be rolled.
- When dough is ready, roll dough into balls and roll in bowl of sugar. Place on a large baking sheet.
- Take the PastryMade pin and roll down on dough firmly, until it reaches the edges and release. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5-7 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Makes 12-14 cookies.